We are seeking a motivated couple with proven experience to take full responsibility for the day-to-day tasks of a newly renovated lodge in the Central Highlands of Tasmania (opened Oct 2016). The lodge provides guests with a comfortable wilderness experience where they have access to the World Heritage areas to fly fish, walk and explore, or the option to immerse themselves in the tranquility of the lodge, relax by the open fire consuming quality Tasmanian produce. The lodge consists of 9 bedrooms, two spacious guest lounges, guest larder,/bar and kitchen.
This position is best suited to a couple or individual looking for a lifestyle driven career. The successful candidate/s will be prepared to tackle all of the day to day duties of the hotel from greeting guests, food preparation, light cooking, cleaning to gardening, maintenance and care taking of the lodge and grounds. To do well in this role, you will need to be a real customer service professional, have an affinity with the outdoors and ready to take on the challenge of growing a new business. The venue has a unique 'hosted' feel, where visitors feel like private guests of the property.
We are seeking applicants who have good industry knowledge and can demonstrate:
- Given the very small team, the manager needs to be able to turn their hand to a variety of tasks
- Hospitality experience - BOH, FOH,food handling, check in, cleaning
- Exceptional customer service and sales skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Self motivation - you'll need to work hard in this role!
- Strong decision making and administration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Have good computer skills competent using email, word, excel and booking databases (Little Hotelier experience is preferred)
- High attention to detail and a keen eye for room presentation and cleanliness
- Strong practical skills in property and facilities maintenance including two wood combustion heaters and solar electricity
- Work with General Manager to create and implement operational systems and processes
- Have fun whilst working hard!
Applicants must have RSA's and be able to supply TAS Police checks for liquor license. Applicants who hold a current first aid certificate will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal
- Ideally have knowledge & experience and a passion for hospitality and an interest in at least 1 of the following; history &/or fishing &/or bush walking;
- Understand the complexities of working in a remote location
Benefits & Culture
Thousand Lakes Lodge provides the opportunity for a high degree of autonomy and the ability to shape and manage all aspects of a lodge and wilderness experience, from the the day to operation and also have some involvement in the development of business and the experience at Thousand Lakes Lodge and surrounds.
It also provides the chance to live close to nature in a spectacular natural environment and to indulge a passion for nature.
Excellent career opportunity - Thousand Lakes Lodge recently named in Lonely Planet Top 3 Places to Stay in 2018. Received Bronze at the Tourism Tasmania Awards 2017 - Best New Business Category.
Package including Super, accommodation to be negotiated.
This position will offer the right couple the ability to excel in a challenging and rewarding role where they will be able to utilise and build on their previous experience.
A 3-12 month contract would be considered for the right candidate. Applicants on Working Holiday Visas are encouraged to apply should their experience align with the role.
Live in, fulltime – hours/days to be negotiated. Short or long term contract considered.
Start: Immediate start
To be considered for this position please address selection criteria by providing a covering letter and CV/resume. Applications should be received no later than COB Monday 27 Nov 2017. Please include a cover resume for both applicants. Additional information can be obtained firstname.lastname@example.org