Go fly fishing on pristine private lakes, chase trout in a glacial lake, or help with the chores at your hillside farmstay; there's plenty to keep the avid fishing enthusiast busy in this itinerary.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Take in the natural beauty of the Central Plateau
- Go trout fishing in clear Tasmanian lakes
- Enjoy a hands-on Tasmanian farmstay
- Time: 3 Days
- Distance: 315 kilometres or 195 miles
- Transport: Car
- Nearest Major City: Hobart
- Price: $$$
The lakes and freshwater streams of Tasmania are famous for their brown, brook and rainbow trout (best from February to March). But there is plenty to see and do for those who don’t fish, from visiting the island’s whisky distilleries to enjoying the beautiful landscape of the Central Plateau.
To view the full article by Steve Starling, click here.